We respect and protect your privacy. In the following, we would like to give you an overview of which data is collected and processed for which purpose. We also inform you about your rights.
About Volocopter GmbH
Reinventing Urban Mobility
At Volocopter we are constructing the very first manned, fully electric and safe vertical take-off copters in the world. So we want to make every person’s dream of flying come true and help modern cities to solve their growing traffic problems.
As a responsible agency, we ensure that
Volocopter GmbH, Zeiloch 20, 76646 Bruchsal Germany represented by FLORIAN REUTER
will comply with all the legal requirements to protect your personal information.
GreenBee Solutions GmbH
+49 711 896 601 75
Steiermärkerstr. 3, 70469 Stuttgart, Germany
When we process personal information, it means that we collect, store, use, transmit or delete it.
• Such is the personal data of:
• interested parties, customers, investors or employees of Volocopter GmbH who appear to be natural persons
• all other natural persons who are in contact with us, e.g. representatives of legal persons
• visitors to our website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Xing or LinkedIn page
What personal data do we collect from you?
We collect personal information from you when you contact us, e.g. as an interested party, customer or investor.
This means in particular:
• you are interested in our offers,
• you have contacted us through our web-site form,
• you have contacted us via email or phone call,
• you have signed for our newsletter,
• you already use our products and services in the framework of an existing business relationship,
• we already use your products and services in the framework of an existing business relationship
We process the following personal data:
• personal contact data, full name, address, email address, phone number
• personal contact data, full name, address, email address, phone number if you are a legal representative of the employee;
• payment information;
• information about your interests and wishes which you tell us about: e.g. via our customer dialogue or our website.
Data we receive over the Internet
• General retrievable data / log files: For technical reasons, every time a website is accessed, data is transmitted from your computer to us, such as the date and time of you visiting one of our pages, your browser type, the browser settings and the operating system, the last page you visited, the amount of data transmitted and the access status (file transfer, file not found etc.). This data is considered to be regular non-personal data. In addition, however, your computer usually also sends us your IP address, which in individual cases may be personal. We use the log file data solely to ensure the functionality of our services (such as failure analysis, system security, and protection against misuse).
• Details of your IP address: Your IP address, which in many cases is sent to us, is a globally valid identifier of your computer that is unique at the time of assignment by your internet service provider. An IP address consists of four numbered blocks separated by dots. In most cases, you as a private user will not use a consistent IP address, since you will only be assigned this temporarily by your provider (so-called „dynamic IP address“). Your provider can sort out which IP address was assigned to which of its clients at what time. For other people, including us, the recording of assignment of a dynamic IP address to a specific person is usually not possible. This is different only in the case of a permanently assigned IP address (so-called „static IP address“), which in principle makes possible a clear assignment of the user data via this feature. Except for the purpose of tracking unauthorized access to our offer on the Internet, we generally consider this data to be non-personal, but evaluate it only on an anonymous basis, to detect which of our sites are favoured, how many accesses are made daily and the like.
Statistics Assessment Tools
For individual services of our enterprise we collect additional data. These are partially used for statistical purposes. For example, it shows how often our pages are accessed so we can graph out the basics for our media data. In addition, we also want to get an overview of our online offers which are particularly in demand.
• Plugins are offers from third party companies such as Facebook. They help you to connect to these providers. Sometimes only data about the browser performance is transmitted. However, if you actively use plugins (for example, within your Google profile), this information will also be transferred. Below you can find out more about the individual plugins:
• On our website we do not use any plugins.
• Google Analytics: Our websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. („Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called „cookies“, text files that are stored on your computer and that allow an analysis of the use of the website by you (see paragraph 2 above). The information generated by the cookies is about your use of our websites, and is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the case of activation of IP anonymisation on our sites, your IP address will be truncated by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address will be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. Google uses this information to evaluate your use of websites, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics service will not be merged with other Google data.
If you do not wish to do so, you can prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by downloading and installing browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Embedded videos from YouTube
• On some of our websites, we embed videos from YouTube. The corresponding plug-ins are operated from YouTube main office, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. When you visit a page with the YouTube plug-in, YouTube starts a connection to its servers. It acts as a recommendation signal for YouTube as to which pages you search for. If you are logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube may personally associate your browsing behaviour with your previous actions. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account prior to that.
Embedded Google Maps
• On our website the map service Google Maps is connected via an API. The provider of the service is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. In order to use the features of Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is typically transmitted and stored at Google servers in the United States. As merely a provider of access to this site we have no influence on the data transmission.
• We use Google Maps on our websites to present our offers in an appealing way and to present the exact location of our products to you (legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f of DSGVO).
Embedded contact form SurveyMonkey
• On our website we use SurveyMonkey as a contact form. The purpose is to inform us about your request in a structured way. The provider of the service is SurveyMonkey Europe UC, 2nd Floor, 2 Shelbourne Buildings, Shelbourne Road, Dublin, Ireland
• Cookies (for inclusion of page tags). When you fill out our contact form, SurveyMonkey collects data using cookies. These cookies are designed to ensure that our survey service is fully operational so that contact data collection works optimally and as intended.
• The data processing in our contact form is controlled by Volocopter. Your entries in the contact form will only be processed by SurveyMonkey service. We make sure that SurveyMonkey will never use your data.
Internet sites at social media providers
Our websites on social media platforms serve to provide users as well as customers and prospects with information about our services and offers. The social networks are also deemed a forum for communication between users and Volocopter.
When you visit our social media sites, personal information will be shared with the social network providers. Please note that this data will not be stored and processed outside the European Union. This results in a different legal situation as regulated by the GDPR. Providers who have joined the US-EU Privacy Shield Agreement are committed to respecting the privacy principles set out in the GDPR. Your data is generally used by social network operators for market research and promotional purposes. Your behaviour on the Internet can be used to define your interests and create profiles that serve the purpose of presenting the user with, for example, customized advertisements inside and outside the network. For this purpose, so-called cookies are stored by the user's browser. These are small text files that can be deleted using the browser settings. In addition, further data can be stored in the user profiles, especially if the user has an account with the respective social media platform and is logged in. The legal basis for the storage and processing of personal data is legitimate interest in providing useful information for customers and interested parties, as well as communication with users within the context of Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO. If you have an account, the operators of the social media platforms allow you to make individual privacy settings. All information regarding the storage and processing of your data as well as the contradictory possibilities can be found on the pages of the respective providers, which are listed below. The respective network provider is responsible for answering questions and the assertion of user rights in the context of social media platforms and their providers
We are represented on the following social media platforms:
20354 Hamburg, Germany,
Tel.: +49 40 419 131-0,
Data protection officer:
Data protection: https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung
Facebook Ireland Ltd.
4 Grand Canal Square
Grand Canal Harbour
Dublin 2, Irland
Data protection: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
• Google and YouTube
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Data protection: https://policies.google.com/privacy
1601 Willow Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Data protection/opt-out: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
• Twitter International Company
One Cumberland Place
Fenian Street Dublin 2, D02 AX07, Ireland
Data protection/opt-out: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company
Dublin 2, Irland
Email Data Protection Officer: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
Data protection: https://twitter.com/de/privacy
What do we use your data for and on what legal basis?
• Fulfilment of contractual or pre-contractual obligations (Article 6 (1b) DSGVO)
We use your data to fulfil contractual obligations so that you can become familiar with our products and services. In order to fulfil our contractual obligations or requests for quotations, we must process your data. This also applies to pre-contractual information which you provide us with in the context of applications or pre-contractual negotiations. The purpose of the data processing depends on which of our products or services you use. To execute the contract we need your name, address, email address and your telephone number in order to contact you.
• Balance of interests (Article 6 1f DSGVO)
If necessary, we process your data beyond the actual fulfilment of the contract for the protection of legitimate interests of us or third parties. For example:
o Review and optimization of requirements for analysis procedures and direct customer approach
o Advertising, market research and measuring the efficiency of marketing activities unless you have objected to the use of your data
o Asserting legal claims and defence in legal disputes
o MEnsuring the IT security and IT needs of Volocopter GmbH
o Identification of the popularity of our offers
o Prevention and investigation of criminal offenses
o Measures for building security and access control
o Measures to ensure rights of the building owner
o Measures for business management and further development of services and products
o Risk management
o We also need your personal information in order to provide you with relevant products and services, to fulfil your wishes or to improve our services. Your individual needs are important to us. We try to give you the information that best suits your needs. The aim of this processing is to offer you personalized suggestions (generated after weighing up your interests). Important: You can object to this form of personalization at any time.
• Data processing with your consent (Article 6 (1a) DSGVO)
If you have consented to the processing of your personal data for specific purposes, the processing of such data shall be considered legal. You can revoke your consent at any time. This also applies to the revocation of declarations of consent which you have submitted to us before the validity of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), i.e. before 25/05/18. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the data processed before the revocation.
• Due to legal requirements (Art.6 Abs. 1c DSGVO) or in the public interest (Art.6 Abs. 1e DSGVO)
As Volocopter GmbH we are subject to numerous legal obligations (e.g. commercial law, tax laws). Due to these laws, we are committed to store data and publish it in certain cases.
Where do we store your data and why?
• We receive your data from you
• We receive your information when you visit our social media sites
Who receives your data and why?
Within Volocopter GmbH, only those officers gain access to your data, who need it to safeguard our legitimate interests or to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations.
Outside of Volocopter GmbH, we may only transfer your data if required by law or if you have given your consent. To carry out your request or order, it is necessary to transfer your data to a number of locations, in particular:
• We only transfer your data to third parties (for example, to external providers such as service providers or credit institutions for payment processing), provided that a data protection & transmission law of a respective authority exists.
• Your data may also be transferred by us to external service providers, e.g. IT service providers, companies that destroy or archive data, print service providers), which support us in data processing as part of processing in a strictly order-based manner.
• Data processing can also take place outside the EU or the EES. As a suitable guarantee for the lawfulness of these data transmissions we have concluded other Standard EU contracts with the processor, due to, Art. 46 para. 2 lit. c DSGVO.
• We will not sell or otherwise market your personal information to third parties.
A legal obligation to forward your personal data to external parties is particularly relevant for the following recipients:
• Public authorities, supervisory authorities and bodies, such as tax authorities and Courts
• Lawyers and notaries, e. g. in case of late payment
• Auditors, Tax Consultants
In all these cases, we ensure that third parties only have access to personal data that is necessary for the performance of individual tasks. In addition, we make sure that third parties comply with industry-specific best practices and that the data of third parties is handled securely and confidentially and used only for the purposes we have identified.
For third parties outside the European Economic Space (EES), the protection of personal data is handled differently from in the EES. In such cases, we take precautionary measures (such as special contract clauses) to ensure that your personal information is treated with the same care as in the EES.
Very important: Under no circumstances will we sell personal information to third parties.
We are eager to respond to all your questions as soon as possible. However, sometimes it can take up to a month before you get an answer from us, as long as it is legally possible. Of course, if it takes more than a month to respond, we will tell you in advance how long it will take.
In some cases we may or may not give you any information. In so far as this is legally possible, we will always inform you promptly about the reason for the refusal. You have the right to file a complaint.
What rights do you have as an interested party or customer of Volocopter GmbH when it comes to the processing of your data (details can be found in the respective provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (Articles 15-21))?
Your right to access data, information and its rectification
You can request access to information about your personal data processed by us. If your details are no longer correct, you can request a correction. If your data is incomplete, you can request a completion. If we have shared your information with third parties, we will inform those third parties of your correction - if required by law.
Your right to delete your personal data
You may request the immediate deletion of your personal data for the following reasons:
• If your personal information is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected
• If you revoke your consent and there is no other legal basis present
• If you object to processing and there are no overriding reasons for processing worthy of protection
• If your personal information has been processed unlawfully
• If your personal information needs to be deleted to comply with legal requirements
Please note that a claim for cancellation depends on whether there is a legitimate reason for processing the data.
Your right to restrict the processing of your personal data
You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data for one of the following reasons:
• If the accuracy of your personal information is disputed by you and we had the opportunity to verify the accuracy
• If the processing is not lawful and you require a restriction of use instead of a deletion
• If we no longer need your information for processing purposes, you may need it for assertion, exercise or defence against legal claims
• If you have objected, as long as it is not decided that your interests prevail
Your right to object
We may process your data on the basis of legitimate interest or in the public interest. In these cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your data. This also applies if we use your data for our direct mail. Please note our separate note „Information about your right of objection“.
Your right to complain
In some cases, you may not be satisfied with our response to your concerns. Then you are entitled to file a complaint to the management of Volocopter GmbH as well as to the responsible data protection supervisory authority.
Your right to data portability
You have the right to receive personally identifiable information you have given us in a portable format.
Are you obliged to give Volocopter GmbH certain personal data?
As part of our business relationship, we require the following personal data from you:
• data that is needed to start and conduct the business relationship
• data that is necessary for the fulfilment of the contractual obligations associated with the business relationship
• data that we are legally obliged to collect
Without this personal information, we generally will not be able to contract with you or allow you to use our services.
How long do we store your data?
We do not store your data longer than we need it for the respective processing purposes.
If the data is no longer required for the fulfilment of contractual or legal obligations, these are regularly deleted, unless their temporary storage is still necessary. Reasons for this can be the following (examples):
• fulfilment of commercial and tax retention requirements. statutory retention period is up to 10 years.
• receipt of evidence for legal disputes within the framework of the statutory limitation regulations. civil law periods of limitation may be up to 30 years, whereby the regular limitation period is three years.
Information about your right of objection according to Art. 21 GDPR
Case-specific right of objection
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for reasons that arise from your particular situation. The prerequisite for this is that the data processing takes place in the public interest or on the basis of a balance of interests.
In the event of an objection, we will no longer process your personal data. Unless we can provide compelling legitimate grounds for processing this data that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms - or your personal data serves the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Objection to the processing of your data via our direct mail
We use your personal data for our direct mailing. You have the right to object to this at any time. In the event of an objection we will no longer process your personal data for these purposes.
The objection can be made form-free and should be addressed as soon as possible to: