We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the gorund in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
As a FBW System Engineer – Process and Certification you will join our currently 30 membered team of dynamic technical experts who are enthusiastic in the field of system engineering and flight control mechanisms. You will work within a multi-disciplinary team and coordinate between the various teams and functional systems to ensure successful certification of the flight control system and its components.
• Lead the certification aspects for the flight control system and its components
• Manage requirements at flight control level such as functional-, safety-, regulatory-, environmental-, human factors and performance requirements
• Compile the evidence base to demonstrate that the flight control system certification requirements are met
• System-level expert for coordination and alignment with various internal departments as well as certification authorities
• Represent the flight control system team at the EASA certification panels
• Work closely with all engineering disciplines including flight test
• Coordinate and manage external suppliers
Check in your professional skills:
• Engineering degree (BSc. or higher), preferably in aerospace engineering, but other disciplines will also be considered.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in the systems engineering and certification processes for complex systems
• Detailed knowledge of certification processes (Part 21) and requirements under EASA (CS-23, CS-25, CS-27, CS-29, ideally SC-VTOL)
• Knowledge of aviation standards and guidelines (DO-160, DO-178, and DO-254 in line with the ARP4754A, ARP4761)
• Profound understanding of the validation and verification aspects in aviation
• Highly skilled and effective in technical writing and communicating with others
• Proficiency with systems engineering tools (e.g. DOORS, SysML, etc.)
• Experience in monitors development in complex flight control systems (ARP6539)
• Knowledge about aviation data buses
• Experience in validation and verification of flight control systems
• Theoretical knowledge about flight physics or electrical systems
• A structured way of working and a high sense of accountability
Work mode: Ground (On-site)
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.