We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the gorund in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
As an Intern/Working Student for Aircraft CFD Simulations, you will be involved in the enhance the in-house CFD simulation competence and establishing the high fidelity CFD simulation toolchain for frequent aircraft design updates.
Your mission during this flight:
• Pre-processing the CAD model for CFD simulations (Airtight geometry, meshing, part definition, grid convergence and other related tasks).
• Setup and execute the CFD model using Star CCM+ (Steady/ Unsteady)
• Prepare macros for Star CCM+ (Java Based) to extract information/data/images from the CFD simulations.
• Generate/Prepare performance reports for the predefined set of variables from the CFD results.
• Support the flight mechanics simulation by generating the aerodynamics polar for different aircraft parts in specified format.
Check in your professional skills:
• Master or Bachelor student in the field of aerodynamic/aerospace
• Majors in the field of Fluid dynamics/Aerodynamics
• Experience with Python/Java programming language
• Available for a minimum of 6 months
• Good understanding of Fluid Dynamics and Flight Physics.
• Experience in handling CAD models in NX siemens.
• Hands-on experience with Star CCM + for full range of CFD simulations.
• Experience with fixed and rotary wings CFD simulations.
• Able to derive/understand information for the CFD results.
• Hand-on attitude and can-do attitude.
• Able to work independently and self-driven.
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.