We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We are bringing urban air mobility to life by introducing our air taxis and drones as an electric addition to current transportation options in megacities worldwide. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011, we performed the first-ever crewed flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopters (www.volocopter.com).
Within a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary core team, you are in charge of managing the development and prototyping of Volocopter’s next generation aircraft.
Reporting to our Aircraft Architect, you are a key member of the development team located in Munich.
In the VoloDrone / VoloRegion Team, you will work under the direct supervision of the Aircraft Architect and R&D Mechanical Design Engineer working on the recent advancement in the VTOL configurations.
You will be working on several prototypes in terms of integrating new equipment, adapting the aircraft, and preparing for testing purposes. Furthermore, you will prepare equipment testing for test benches and perform tests if needed.
Your mission during this flight:
• Conceptual design of components and sub-systems
• Assist in the on aircraft and off aircraft (e.g. test benches) testing as well as during flight tests
• Mechanical design of test benches incl. electronics integration
• Prototyping of components
• Assembly of subassemblies and test benches
• Coordination and exchange of data and information with internal stakeholders and external partners
Check in your professional skills:
• You are a student in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or a comparable subject, ideally at the end of your Bachelor's or Master's degree
• You are available at Koppstraße from November 2023 for at least 6 months
• Experience in designing and manufacturing parts (CAD and 3D printing) (Siemens NX preferred)
• Experience in drone electronics/equipment
• Able to work independently with self-initiative
• Hands-on attitude, Drone piloting experience (preferred)
• Experience Python / MATLAB / LabVIEW (preferred)
• You are a citizen or permanent resident of the EU or your current visa allows you to work in Germany
• Fluent in English
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.