We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the gorund in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
We are currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for our Composites Lamination Area. This position requires an experienced professional with a comprehensive knowledge in prepreg- (hand-layup as well as automated placement technologies) and infusion-technologies. The position will take responsibility for all lamination activities and will ensure manufacture ability to meet target rates. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
• You drive “Design for Manufacturing” for serial production standard.
• You intensively work together with our Materials and Processes Department, select and test new materials/consumables. You create test plans, manufacture samples, analyze results.
• You develop and test new processes to increase quality and reduce production time.
• You write specification documents detailing these processes (materials/tools to use, steps to follow, processing parameters, etc.).
• You define requirements and select equipment/tools for production activities.
• You take part in the commissioning of the equipment: write test plan, perform/support testing.
• You create manufacturing data to produce composite parts: perform drapability simulation, define ply shapes, create laser projection data, cutting data, plybook, etc. and you are responsible to write detailed work instructions for production activities.
Check in your professional skills:
• You have an academic background in mechanical or process engineering or equivalent.
• 3+ years of proven work experience as a Composite Manufacturing Engineer or similar role.
• You have deep knowledge and hands-on experience with composite materials as well as with computer-aided design (CAD) software
• You have knowledge of industry standards (specifications, processes, materials, etc.).
• You are able to communicate progress internally and externally through oral presentations and internal reports.
• Fluent in English.
• Experience in introducing new processes into a production environment
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Lean production experience
• German is a plus
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.