We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the ground in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
Your crew during this flight:
The Laboratory Testing and Development Engineering team is a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary team. You will be part of our Mechanical Engineering team which is part of our Laboratory Testing Department. Together, you will design state-of-the-art test benches, structural frames and 3D printed components for Volocopter products.
Your mission during this flight:
• You will conduct technical research and evaluate design concepts.
• You will align on interfaces to other systems including future updates.
• You will perform detailed design of structural concepts according to requirements (e.g. lightweight, manufacturability, cost efficiency, maintainability)
• You will collaborate with relevant disciplines (e.g. Stress, Production, Procurement, Integration, Airframe, etc.)
• You will create prototyping and design data, also helping in the assembly process.
• You will design Structural components for several test benches, mainly structural ones.
• You will document all design decisions and descriptions.
• You will specify the component design through CAD models, drawings, and instructions.
• You will interact with suppliers and support manufacturing issues.
• You will provide the relevant documentation through engineering gates (PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.)
• You will ensure quality in our design, generate design assessments, and if needed and participate root cause assessments.
• You will improve the existing structural components.
Check in your professional skills:
• You have a Bachelor's/Master’s degree in aerospace engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• You have at least 3 years of experience in the aviation industry
• You have experience in the design of structures components (mainly metallic) and understand their manufacturing processes
• You are proficient in mechanical engineering design and engineering drawing creation softwares (e.g. CAD, PLM), preferrably using Siemens Teamcenter and NX
• You have experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) application
• You have experience with FEA for metallic parts and assemblies
• You have knowledge of the physical phenomena relevant to aircraft design with a focus on eVTOL vehicles
• You have experience in working with aerospace standards as CS23/CS27/SC-VTOL/DO-160G and also ARP1754A
• You have excellent problem-solving skills and a logical and safety-conscious thinking
• You have excellent collaboration and communication skills. You have the ability to bring creative ideas forward and are also able to listen and to collaborate with others
• You have a structured way of working and documenting and are dedicated to time-based activities & deadlines
• You are a hands-on and have a mindset of Teamwork.
Work mode: (On-site)
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.