We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the gorund in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
Our batteries are a key component to making the Volocopter fly safely. With your specific experience in simulation, you contribute directly to the development of this unique, safe, and simple flight experience. As an integral part of our battery unit development team, you support in driving the development of this component.
• You will perform modeling on cell, module, and pack level
• You will run simulations that express the behavior of battery cells, modules, and a complete pack regarding electrical and thermal performance
• You will contribute to defining test cases and test programs that validate the simulation results and improve the quality of the models
• You will perform data analysis, coordinate, and propose an operational improvement of batteries operated with the flight test campaign fleet.
• Your tasks will include requirement capture and formal validation of electrical-related aspects of HV batteries.
• You will review test procedures and test reports related to electrical tests of batteries.
• You will contribute to the CAD Design of the ESU and provide relevant input and proposals
Check in your professional skills:
• Bachelor's and preferably Master’s degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or similar relevant degrees
• 5 years of relevant experience.
• Solid expertise in Battery / HV Simulation, or comparable applications
• Expertise on modeling and simulation Tools (e.g. StarCCM+, Ansys, Amesim, MATLAB Simscape).
• Experience in performing certified electrical battery design for transportation related organizations.
• Experience in designing electrical HV battery solutions
• Capable to assess thermal dissipation/heating behavior/electrical behavior of cells and HV conductive parts based on electrical loading condition
• Proficiency in requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or Windchill RV&S)
• Extensive knowledge of Li-ion batteries, DC power distribution, digital communication buses, and/or model-based design engineering
• Knowledge of aviation standards and recommended practices (ARP-4754, ARP-4761, DO-160, DO-311) or equivalent from other industries.
• Experience in working in agile project environments
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.