We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the gorund in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
Our custom-built Electric Propulsion System consisting of state-of-the-art battery, power distribution and controlled electric motors are key to making Volocopter’s products extremely safe to fly. With your specific experience in the development of electrical system for aviation or in integrating electric propulsion components into mobility products, you contribute directly to the certification of this uniquely safe and simple flight experience. As an integral part of our battery Management System (BMS) component development team, you ensure that the proper system development processes are followed by the battery and power distribution teams.
Your mission during this flight:
• As System Engineer you will work closely with colleagues in multiple disciplines to evaluate requirements, design descriptions, functions etc., at system and component level to meet aircraft level needs
• Collaborating with systems and aircraft level teams to ensure consistency and completeness across entire development team
• Handling internal system engineering process aligned with development lifecycle needs, including requirements management and program milestone deliverables.
• Take ownership of component design description documents, interface control documents.
• Review supplier documents, e.g., requirement specifications, design description documents.
• Specify and support the validation and verification activities of component requirements according to ARP-4754A
• Support system level / component level milestones (e.g., PDR / CDR / TRR)
• Provide support for formal audits and exchanges with EASA, as needed
Check in your professional skills:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Strong knowledge and several years of experience with systems engineering, requirement management, and system architecture in aviation (ARP4754) or other complex product development.
• You have a background in embedded software development and have applied experience with DO-178.
• Knowledge of certification and development processes
• Proficient in at least one requirements management tool (e.g., Doors, Integrity)
• Team player, confident in technical discussions, ability to organize and “get things done”
• Fluent in English
• Basic knowledge of HV and Li-ion batteries, brushless DC motor control, DC power distribution, digital communication buses, and/or model-based systems engineering
• Experience with FMEA and FMECA
• Knowledge of ARP4761, DO-254, DO-311 and DO-160
Work mode: Ground (On-Site)
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.