We at Volocopter are the pioneers of electric air taxis, i.e. aircraft that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring urban air mobility to life, by getting air taxis and drones off the ground in a way that complements current transportation options in megacities across the globe. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services that fly people to their destination quickly and safely. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electric multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale VoloCity aircrafts (www.volocopter.com).
Your mission during this flight:
As a Lab Test Engineer, you will join a team responsible for testing the electrical propulsion system of an eVTOL vehicle. Your duties will include testing electrical motors, power distribution, and systems integration between other propulsion components. You will be dedicated to ensuring the complete electrical propulsion system functions correctly and safely. You will also set up, configure and validate the test equipment. By strong interaction with the system designers and developers, you will ensure the efficiency of test execution and the quality of tests results.
• You will jointly plan, execute and analyze verification tests and be in close contact with the design engineers to ensure the right coverage of the tests.
• You will derive test cases and test sequences out of specification requirements.
• You will develop test procedures according to the definition of the test campaigns.
• You will be involved in troubleshooting and identification of root causes for hardware and software issues.
• You will work with the laboratory development team to optimize, adapt and maintain the test equipment.
Check in your professional skills:
• Bachelor’s in engineering or similar degree or experience, Aerospace Engineering will be considered as a plus.
• Working experience with test benches or laboratories, qualification and verification testing of at least 3 years.
• Basic software development knowledge (for instance: python, TestStand, VeriStand)
• Very good knowledge of the English language.
• Structured, independent, and solution-oriented way of working.
• Good communication skills and teamwork.
• Experience with instrumentation (sensors) and data acquisition systems.
• Knowledge of system schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Experience with (electrical) propulsion systems will be considered as a plus.
• Data communication protocols as CAN BUS and ARINC buses will be considered as a plus.
• Experience with Requirements Engineering will be considered as a plus.
Work mode: (On-site)
Some of our Volocopter flight perks:
Our differences are what makes us great. Here at Volocopter, we value equal opportunities and trust, and we give each and every one of our employees the chance to voice their opinions. As air mobility industry innovators, we believe that changing the world starts on the team level. We are fully committed to driving this innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and job titles.